A modified version of Troy Meyer’s SEO Bookmarklet – all credit goes to the original author. The purpose of reproducing was to tweak the layout (CSS) and some other minor functional improvements.
How it works
The bookmarklet opens a window over the page you’re viewing to show you a bunch of different SEO factors and links to external sites. When you’re done just click the red “x” button at the top right and the window will close. You don’t have to leave the page or view the source.
Drag the link below to your browser’s toolbar to install it, or copy the text in the textareas to create your bookmarks manually (useful for creating the bookmarklet on your iPad or tablet).Back to top
Install in your Browser
Drag this to your bookmarks bar: SEO Bookmarklet
or copy this code:
Install on iDevice
On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch you will have to create the SEO bookmarklet manually. The process is a little involved, but well worth it to be able to check out SEO factors on the go.
- Select and copy the code in the box (in the post above)
- Tap the ‘action’ icon in Safari (the one that looks like a box with an arrow in it)
- Choose ‘Add Bookmark’
- Change the title to ‘SEO’ and choose the folder you want to save it in
- Tap the ‘Save’ button
- Now go to your bookmarks and find the bookmark you just titled ‘SEO’
- Tap the ‘Edit’ button and tap the title of the bookmark
- Select the URL, clear it, and paste the code you copied into the URL input
- Tap the back button in the top left. Your changes should be saved.